We are looking for a career advancement/placement manager to lead, supervise and manage activities of job placement for students and to develop and streamline placement procedures for them. The placement manager will report directly to the Head, Development & Strategy. Additionally, the manager will also be involved in assisting with larger strategic deliverables including the development of long-term institutional vision, and in conceptualizing the institutional blueprint, building industry partnerships and academic collaborations, establishing organizational processes for operational efficiency and long-term financial sustainability.
Role and responsibilities
1. Placements/Career Advancement Management:
- Facilitate career advancement of students, ensuring a well-definedhigh placement ratio.
- Assistthe students to develop career plans based on appraisals of aptitudes, interests, and personality characteristics along with the team.
- Provide the students all the necessary support – mock interviews, mentorship, trainings to enable them to achieve their career goals
- Ensure integration of experiential learning into the core course curriculum through externships and dialogues with key stakeholders
- Create processes and systems that empower the students in pursuing enterprising career options for employment in the public policy space
- Contribute towards the program design to integrate crucial elements and skills that prepare the students for future opportunities in the policy sector
2. Manage Industry Expectations and Partnerships:
- Assist in conducting industry surveys to gather market information, such as pay scales, skills required, trainings, and employment opportunities and trends.
- Build strong partnerships and connections with prospective employers to determine needs and to identify the best fit for the students
- Arrange on-campus talks/ interviews between employers and graduating students to facilitate placement of graduates
- Create systems to ensure sustained engagement of the employers with the students during the course of the program
- Create robust mechanisms for post-placement follow-ups
- Build sustained and strong relationships and effective processes with the industry and potential employers with the aim to create a collaborative ethos
3. Development and Strategy:
- Assist in core strategy and planning activities including resource and financial allocations, development of long-term institutional vision, securing financial sustainability and operational efficiency
- Assist in establishing academic and institutional partnerships to foster academic credibility; liaise with potential investors and assist with resource mobilization to secure sustainability and scalability
- Create a culture of collaboration, intellectual integrity and ensure a valuable experience to each and every individual associated with the program; through executing effective and transparent systems and processes
Deadline –30 August 2018
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - Post Graduate-Other
1. Master’s degree in Business Administration/ Social Sciences with at least 7 years of relevant experience, preferably involving interactions with C Level stakeholders across multiple sectors
2. Prior experience in public policy or an academic institutional space will be preferred
3. Should have excellent communication skills both written and verbal (English and Hindi)
4. Proficiency in M.S. Office (Excel, Power Point and Word) with demonstrably strong skills in these
5. Ability to work with multiple stakeholders – think-tanks, government personnel, corporates, and students
6. Street-smartness is an absolute essential – in addition to excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
7. Good Report writing anddocumentation skills