The CE Program Coordinator will be in-charge of managing all aspects of CE in the Dog Management project. The CE activities will cover knowledge surveys, focus group discussions,handling complaints, developing and carrying out education, awareness activities amongst different stakeholders. The job will also include designing, planning, executing, reporting and
monitoring these activities. The Coordinator will also manage a team of community outreach officers and will be responsible to provide/organize for them training and monitor their daily activities.
1. Study, research and conduct KAP surveys regularly with the support of the MEIA team
2. Ensure community engagement on a regular basis and develop a strong volunteer/support network within communities for street dog related issues.
3. To plan and implement all CE activities for a specific dog management (DM) program location
4. Join the DM catching team and/or the complaints the team where required.
5. To respond to any complaints received by the local people direct to HSI India or through the local body ie. partner with HSI India
6. Ensure the highest standard of animal welfare in all aspects of HSI’s Dog Population Management programs
7. Advocate animal welfare within and outside the program
8.Working with multiple stakeholders within communities, government, civil society,academia etc.
9. Developing/ creating content (based on identified training needs), discussing and finalizing with Head office team
10. Designing and running campaigns, workshops/ trainings with identified stakeholders
11. Liaison with relevant/ related govt. departments, wherever required, for obtaining necessary approvals etc.
12. To build a cadre of community volunteer throughout the project location and to ensure their engagement with the project
13. To carry out any other CE task or activity that may be require in the project
14. Coordinating with the DM project team to ensure smooth working to meet project goals
15. Mentoring the team, monitoring the work and ensuring project goals are met
16. Creating monthly narrative reports
17. To report to CE manager based out of the head office in Ahmedabad
18. Travel as required.
1. Travel to other projects, meetings, conferences and represent HSI at these events, as required.
2. Prepare presentations, web stories, donor updates and other reports and materials (in particular, media such as photographs and videos) as required.
3. Additional responsibilities and tasks as requested by the Senior Program Management Unit.
Remuneration : Rs.30,000 - 32,000
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - Post Graduate-Other
1.Fluent in English, Hindi and preferable local language where project is taken
2. Excellent writing & communication skills.
3. Should have computer & internet skills.
4. Good report writing skills.
5. Good rapport building & problem solving skills.
6. Willing to travel.
7. Commitment to HSI’s objectives and mainstream operating style.
8. Outgoing & personable manner.
9. Ability to work under pressure as part of a team or independently.