APPI is a 68-member team, embarking on an exciting journey that aspires to facilitate a just, equitable, humane and sustainable society through grant making. In the last 36 months, 120+ grants have been made in the areas of intervention (further broken down into specific themes) – Vulnerable Groups, Nutrition and Governance.
APPI represents a workplace that is well entrenched in diversity, inclusion and consists of individuals who are proficient at being specialized generalists, can double and triple hat with ease with BAU as well as specific projects with an aim to transform the APPI mission.
To know more about it, please visit- http://www.azimpremjiphilanthropicinitiatives.org/
REASON FOR THE HIRE
Considering the continued emerging demand across grant portfolio’s APPI created “Monitoring & Evaluation” role for key grant verticals – right from evaluation design, execution, adaptation & building views for long term impact.
STRUCTURE AND ROLE DETAILS
- Reports to Head of Impact.
- Close working relationship with 4 Senior Program Managers.
- Location: Bangalore, with regular travel to project locations.
- Full- time employment terms.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Grant and/or Programme Management Support
* Support all M&E initiatives for assigned grant(s)/project(s). This will include
* Designing impact & measurement plans
* Executing & monitoring plans
* Support all Learning & Knowledge Management activities of the organisations, assigned grant(s)/project(s)
- Contributing to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary.
- Creating sustainable grant-making and social change learning outcomes
2. System Development
* Support Programmes Team and Leadership in creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
* Support the Programme Managers & Officers in defining and implementing the key project performance indicators (KPI) as well as monitoring them throughout the duration of the projects.
* Assist the Programme Managers in proposing strategies to increase data use and demand amongst Programme staff.
* Assist Programme Team and SMT in clarifying project information needs.
* Support project/programme team on ways to properly document, organise and capture programme and grant progress.
* Draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures under the supervision of the Programme Team and SMT (eg. logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators, data flow chart, M&E manuals)
* Support the CFO and IT Manager in reviewing the performance of existing management information systems to help identify potential modifications or resources.
3. Data Management and Analysis
* Keep abreast of developments in grant/programme changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase programme performances and results.
* Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within programme field teams.
* Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions along with the Programme Managers and SMT.
* Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by the Programmes team and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
* Analyse changes and patterns in KPI indicator data and performance reports in order to support Programme Team and the SMT.
* Support SMT to ensure that donor, par