APPI is a 68-member team, embarking on an exciting journey that aspires to facilitate a just, equitable, humane and sustainable society through grant making. In the last 36 months, 120+ grants have been made in the areas of intervention (further broken down into specific themes) – Vulnerable Groups, Nutrition and Governance.
APPI represents a workplace that is well entrenched in diversity, inclusion and consists of individuals who are proficient at being specialized generalists, can double and triple hat with ease with BAU as well as specific projects with an aim to transform the APPI mission.
To know more about it, please visit- http://www.azimpremjiphilanthropicinitiatives.org/
REASON FOR THE HIRE
Considering the continued emerging demand across grant portfolio’s APPI created ‘Contract Management’ role to support the process of managing the “Technical Contract” process which involves creation and execution of Technical Contract identified and proposed either by the grant portfolio team / function or department whose learning need is being addressed.
STRUCTURE AND ROLE DETAILS
- Dual reporting to Chief Finance Officer and Vice President- Impact
- Close working relationship with Program Team and Finance Function
- Travel within India, as required
- Full- time employment terms.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Contract Creation, Management and Operationalization
- Anchor contract discussion meetings with user group and / or individual to have clear understanding of the requirements, identify and highlight issues upfront, if any.
- Perform appropriate operational, clinical and administrative research to support the proposal and contract development
- Draft provisional ToR’s based on discussions, research, any other relevant management inputs, organizational need and expectations.
- Develop and lay out process for bidding and submission by external agencies against the organizations proposal
- Facilitate pricing discussions and provide requisite support to the finance function during commercial negotiations.
- Establish expectation settings on inputs, timelines and deliverable of output
- Develop / establish and execute the contract to methodologies which deliver ‘Value for money’ engagements.
2. Review Contracts
- Ensure that contracts are properly entered into organization’s program workflow management system (Fluxx) and securely maintained.
- Assure appropriateness and accuracy of the contract text and enclosed attachment.
- Review contractual performance under the valid Contracts to ensure compliance / adherence to the Ts & Cs. Identify conflicts if any or changes requiring resolution at the time of renewal / extension.
- Act as SME (Subject Matter expert) to ultimately transition
Desired Candidate Profile
Graduation - Graduate-Other
- Extensive prior work experience in Contract management (Minimum 8-10 years in a mid-sized organization)
- Proficiency in applying organizational standards when developing proposals from the requests, drafting Ts and Cs.
- Ability to systematically analyze and convey complex problems in a way that others can readily follow, recommend options / solutions, if feasible draw relevant conclusions.
- Ability to identify risks and issues and suggest alternatives that lead to a working solution.
- Comprehensive knowledge of general corporate business practices, government and commercial contracting regulations and principles, sub- contracting practices, basic knowledge of accounting and finance principles. Ability to apply sound commercial business judgment and establish priorities