Katalyst started in 2007, with the intent of liberating women from low income communities, through the pursuit of professional education. The initiative prepares young women for leadership roles, thereby bridging the gender diversity gap in corporate India. Katalyst achieves this objective through a blend of unique development interventions, including our proprietary and scientifically researched curriculum. In addition to the 600 hours of blended learning that the girls undergo, over their four years in the program, Katalyst also provides one-to-one mentorship, access to best in class technology, assistance with internships, industry exposure and corporate interactions.
Set up with 10 young women, Katalyst now has chapters in Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore and Delhi and has directly impacted the lives of over 900 girls. Katalyst alumni now occupy important positions in prestigious companies both in India and abroad and even in the Civil Services. The current cohort is 400 across all 4 cities and will further grow to 550 this year.
Our anchor donor is Third Sector Partners, India’s leading executive search firm focused on socially relevant organisation.
For more information, please visit – http://www.katalystindia.org/
SENIOR MANAGEMENT TEAM
1. Poorvi Shah – Chief Executive Officer
2. Anjali Hari - Director Fundraising and Partnership
3. Amruta Nandini Prakash – Director Curriculum
REASON FOR THE HIRE
Katalyst seeks to recruit a dynamic individual in Mumbai, who will take the leadership role with executive skills to drive the Katalyst programme across its centers. The individual will ensure that the new curriculum is delivered in full and with a firm plan and as per budget and the interventions are delivered as mandated and monitored for consistency and quality.
STRUCTURE AND ROLE DETAILS
1. Reports to Chief Executive Officer
2. Close working relationship with Program Heads from 4 locations
3. Travel – 20% of the time to 4 locations
4. Full- time employment terms.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership to all the Center Heads and assist in coping with weak spots in terms of developmental impact
- Capacity building of the team members
2. Student Enrolment:
- Continuous evaluation of criteria for selection
- Identification of colleges and evaluation of Katalyst selection criteria
- Ensure seamless admission on time and on-boarding
3. Effective implementation of interventions:
- Liase between Curriculum Director and center teams for timely planning and implementation of training. Identify new trainers and training organisations
- Help evaluate training budget, trainer costs and mapping with cost per student and impact
- Identify new mentors, and enhance both quality and quantity of mentor interactions
- Upgrade internship and placement program for certain target specified CTC. Need assessment in terms of development required for high end jobs
- Visit Katalyst Centers and obtain first hand feedback on various interventions
4. Monitoring and Tracking:
- Track and monitor training activities of each center.
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - MBA/PGDM
COMPETENCIES AND SOFT SKILLS
Communication and Networking Skills:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to deliver quality work
Compatibility with Katalyst’s Culture:
- The ability to effectively establish a learning culture within an organisation
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s mission, vision and values
- Experience of working in the not-for-profit or development sector, having demonstrated commitment to the sector
- Eye for detail and systems driven
- Working in a demanding and challenging work environment
- Timely and effective communication with internal and external stakeholders