Team LeadWomen’s Collectives–Initiative for What Works to Advance Women and Girls in the Economy (IWWAGE)
The objective of this Initiative for What Works to Advance Women and Girls in the Economy (“IWWAGE”) at IFMR LEAD is to create a platform to promote, synthesize and generate evidence on “what works” for women’s economic empowerment. Despite making significant contributions to economies through various activities, women form a majority among economically disadvantaged groups. Women remain disproportionally affected by poverty, discrimination and exploitation. Evidence suggests that investing in women’s economic empowerment has important linkages with gender, equality, poverty eradication and inclusive growth. Several efforts have been devoted to studying the issue of women’s economic empowerment, however, evidence remains fragmented and work is being done in silos.
An inspired team lead is to monitor activities related to project implementation and learning surrounding the potential of WC to enhance women’s economic empowerment to coordinate the Initiative for What Works to Advance Women and Girls in the Economy (IWWAGE) with Women’s Collectives – Policy and Praxis. The work will involve collaborating and co-creating effective and transformative solutions to understand “what works” through usage of innovations such as digital tools and leverage the WCs platforms to create positive and significant impact for women and girls.
1. Planning, Monitoring and Execution of activities around WCs.
• Ensure active coordination and act as a POC to the representatives of Central and State Government agencies to coordinate around activities related to WCs.
• To work closely with Lead – Policy & Praxis in supporting the implementation of the activities related to WCs.
• To actively coordinate with the internal stakeholders in data collection through conducting field trips and periodical deliverable tracking etc.
2. Planning, Monitoring and Execution of activities around evidence uptake.
• To Coordinate and monitor the activities related to evidence uptake related to WCs
EMPLOYER: Initiative for What Works to Advance Women and Girls in the Economy (IWWAGE) at IFMR
POSITION: Team Lead Women’s Collectives
LOCATION: New Delhi and Chhattisgarh
REPORTING TO:Associate Director
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Deadline: Applications are being accepted until position is filled.
Please submit: Resume and cover letter.
Questions and application submission: Please contact email address: email@example.com
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - Post Graduate-Other
• Master’s Degree in Public Policy, Gender, Economics, Finance, Business, Development or related field is mandatory;
• Minimum 7-8 years of experience in which atleast 2 years of experience in managing Project end to end.
• Proven ability to handle several different projects/tasks at one time, successfully complete tasks assigned, and meet deadlines;
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships, lead and motivate teams;
• High networking skills and demonstrated ability to interact with a varied set of stakeholders;
• Demonstrated experience in partner and donor management;
• Prior experience in interacting with Government and Government departments;
• Experience and maturity in relationship management;
• Ability to work within tight deadlines;
• Excellent communicator, both written and oral, able to express com