We are seeking a motivated Lead – Research Uptake for the Initiative What Works to Advance Women and Girls in the Economy (“IWWAGE”) at IFMR. The objective of this Initiative is to create a platform to promote, synthesize and generate evidence on “what works” for women’s economic empowerment. Despite making significant contributions to economies through various activities, women form a majority among economically disadvantaged group. Women remain disproportionally affected by poverty, discrimination and exploitation. Evidence suggests that investing in women’s economic empowerment has important linkages with gender, equality, poverty eradication and inclusive growth. Several efforts have been devoted to studying the issue of women economic empowerment, however, evidence remains fragmented and work done in silos.
A motivated Lead – Research Uptake is sought to coordinate and lead on the all policy linkages and partnerships related activities under IWWAGE. S/he will ensure that the intended policy and programmatic audience in engaged and utilize the research evidence generated. The Lead – Research Uptake will use a range of policy engagement and communication tools to engage the relevant stakeholders (policy makers, private sectors players, international organisations, donors etc.) through working groups, policy dialogues, and one-on-one meetings among others using traditional and online communication channels.
S/he will also support the affiliated researchers in developing policy related reports, formulating policy recommendations from research findings, and producing other support documents such as policy briefs, fact sheets and evidence briefs. The ideal candidate should have experience in managing policy related working groups, facilitating policy dialogues and developing strategic partnerships with policymaking bodies.
• Actively collaborate to create and execute the strategic policy plan for IWWAGE;
• Develop key relationships in the women economic empowerment sector with governments, civil society, NGOs, private sector etc.;
• Serve as IWWAGE’s primary point of contact with policymakers and regulators, engaging them in a constructive dialogue and identifying opportunities for the IWWAGE to support broader policy objectives related to women economic empowerment;
• Monitor trends in the women economic empowerment sector in India, and maintain deep knowledge of existing and forthcoming policy and regulations affecting the sector;
• Lead and manage engagements with a multitude of stakeholders/partners engaged on the various projects;
• Create policy briefs and engage in policy dialogues on a frequent basis;
• Consolidate research findings for evidence based policy making;
• Organize and execute events to promote and disseminate the learnings from the Initiative.
EMPLOYER: IWWAGE at IFMR
REPORTING TO: Executive Director
ASSIGNMENT LENGTH: Full time position
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Deadline: Applications are being accepted until position is filled.
Please submit: Resume and cover letter.
Questions and application submission: Please contact email address: email@example.com
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - Post Graduate-Other
• Master’s Degree in Public Policy, Gender, Economics, Finance, Business, Development or related field is mandatory;
• Proven ability to handle several different projects/tasks at one time, successfully complete tasks assigned, and meet deadlines;
• Excellent writing and communication skills, good understanding of the women economic empowerment sector and a creative and problem-solving outlook;
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships, lead and motivate teams;
• At least 8 years of relevant work experience in public policy and international development is mandatory;
• High networking skills and demonstrated ability to interact with a varied set of stakeholders;
• Demonstrated experience in partner and donor management;
• Prior experience in interacting with Government and Government departments;
• Ability to influence k