We are a looking for an M&E Manager, who would be responsible for monitoring progress on classroom observations, developing appropriate metrics for impact (both short-term and long-term) and working with national research agencies to pilot new techniques to measure the impact of teacher training programmes in India. Along, with these responsibilities the manager would also be responsible for designing a monitoring and evaluation strategy for the Peepul schools.
Key Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
• Lead design of monitoring and evaluation framework and the tools for different Peepul programmes.
• Evaluate performance of all core programmes of Peepul through tools defined in the Monitoring and Evaluation Framework.
• Produce periodic reports of the evaluation for internal use and for funder reports.
• Lead monitoring and impact evaluation internally or collaborate with external agencies, analyse findings from such evaluations and use learnings to inform programme design.
• Ensure timely implementation of monitoring projects with a strong focus on execution and quality assurance – including data validity checks, analysis / interpretation and editorial support.
• Lead research projects to collect and analyse data from organisations across India and abroad to build evidence which can be used to inform practitioners, funders and policy makers within the education sector.
• Empowering and supporting the team to drive high-quality implementation of M&E priorities.
Reports to: CEO
Location: South Delhi
Start date: November 2018
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Recruitment Process :
To apply, please send a copy of your resume along with a covering letter explaining why you are interested in applying for the role, to email@example.com, ensuring you specify the role you are applying for in the subject line of the e-mail. Please include the details of at least two referees within your application.
The selection process will involve written tests/assignments and interviews with the senior management of the organization.
Reference checking & Probation
As you will be working with children this role will be subject to enhanced background checks. Additionally, all new staff will be subject to a probation period of three months.
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - MPH
• Excellent knowledge of program monitoring and evaluation methods (qualitative and quantitative), including experience developing monitoring and evaluation plans, tools, training materials, reports and summary forms.
• Excellent quantitative, problem solving, analytical and statistical analysis skills (including strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience with STATA or SAS).
• Capacity to synthesize monitoring data into effective presentation of results to help guide recommendations on performance improvement.
• Strong alignment with Peepul's mission of providing quality education and building stronger education ecosystems in India
• Ability to negotiate and achieve consensus with key stakeholders.
• Ability to creatively solve challenging problems in the application of research and evaluation methods without