P.D Hinduja Hospital and Medical Research Centre was established in the early 1950's under the leadership of the late Shri P.D. Hinduja. The vision is to deliver quality healthcare. As an ultramodern tertiary care hospital in Mumbai, India their motivation is to lead the pathway to medical excellence with world-class healthcare treatments and services.
From introducing the best in international healthcare to India to pioneering in application of technology, their commitment towards excellence can be affirmed by over 13 million patients they have treated and the accolades achieved in their journey to achieve 'Quality Healthcare for All'.
To know more about it, please visit- https://www.hindujahospital.com/
REASON FOR THE HIRE
Hinduja Hospital is looking for a professional who can manage the administrative & managerial duties in planning, organizing, cost effective delivering in addition to providing directions & guidance to the subordinates in the operational areas of responsibilities.
STRUCTURE AND ROLE DETAILS
1. Reporting to Director Support Services.
2. Reporting from Assistant Manager Executive, Senior Office, Officer and Supervisor.
3. Full- time employment terms.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Establish work standards & work flow.
2. Establish & implement policies & procedures for departmental operations.
3. Responsible for introduction / implementation of cost control measures and economizing on use of condiments and raw materials without compromising on quality.
4. Ensuring proper manpower deployment for all patient care areas to facilitate smooth FSD function
5. Plan revenue and capital budgets.
6. Coordination and interaction with HR dept., relating to recruitment, FSD staff, Training, and Disciplinary matters (absenteeism, punctuality, quality, and quantity of work, etc).
1. Responsible for department’s financial data & statistics
2. Monitor Unit expenditures
3. Develop & recommend department operating budget & ensure the department operates within budget
4. Analysis of Expenditure / OT / Absenteeism
5. Estimate and project budgetary costs for new equipment, major repairs, additional personnel and expendable supplies in co – ordination with concerned department such as E&M, Purchase & Stores.
6. Budgeting: Develop & recommend department operating budget & ensure the department operates within budget
7. Responsible for department’s financial data & statistics
1. Manpower Management & efficient handling of any IR issues.
2. Guiding &counseling direct reportees on daily basis
3. Responsible for introduction of checks and control measures to eliminate loss, wastage and pilferage.
4. Ensure safe, clean and hygienic conditions are always maintained in the kitchen and working areas of the department and also in the dining areas.
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - Post Graduate-Other
1. He/she needs to have expertise in FSD (food services department) both as a chef and also in servicing.
2. He/she should be organized to manage a large number of attendants, at least about 100, who are unionized and who is able to manage workmen in a multi union environment.
3. He/she is required to be humble and sensitive to effectively manage patient care and is also able to work with other functions easily and is able to engage interdependent function heads
4. He/she can also scale up in the next 5 - 7 years with an aspiration of wanting to head the function and hence it would be preferable if the incumbent has knowledge and experience in house-keeping and laundry. This is not a mandatory, however this is secondary now and would become critical if the incumbent is very aspirational.
5. Experienced in the hotel/hospital industry would be desirable.