The Aga Khan Foundation (India) (AKF (India)) is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of 11 development agencies addressing the needs of poor and marginalized communities in more than thirty countries where it operates. Since 1978, it has operated in India, implementing programmes both directly and supporting work by other AKDN agencies and partners in rural and urban areas. Active in seven states, its multi-sector programmes include the creation of robust and vibrant community institutions, early childhood development, education, community health, livelihood improvement and agriculture development, skill development, and water and sanitation. Supported by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, AKF (India) in partnership with the Aga Khan Rural Support Programme (India) has commenced implementation of an ambitious programme in District Muzaffarpur, Bihar to transform and improve the quality of life of landless and marginal farming households through improvements in small ruminant production, increasing and strengthening the role of women in the small ruminant value chain, and demonstrating an implementation model that can be expanded at significant scale through public investment. Project Mesha, as the initiative is called, proposes to work directly with over 50,000 women SHG members in four blocks of district Muzaffarpur, and demonstrate proof of concept of a model for small ruminant development, poverty reduction and women’s empowerment with potential for scaling up to other districts of the state with public financing. AKF (India) seeks a results driven, articulate, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial Programme Officer for Monitoring and Evaluation, to lead Project Mesha’s MIS and M&E activities, strengthening the capacity of the implementation team in monitoring, evaluation and data collection, ensuring the roll-out of the project MIS and facilitating real-time data analysis to strengthen field implementation and contribute to policy dialogue. To know more about it, please visit- https://www.akdn.org/our-agencies/aga-khan-foundation , www.akdn.org.
SENIOR MANAGEMENT TEAM
Matt T. Reed, Chief Executive Officer
Tinni Sawhney, Director Programmes
REASON FOR THE HIRE
The Aga Khan Foundation is looking for a dynamic incumbent to join them as their Programme Officer (Monitoring and Evaluation). The incumbent will be responsible for implementing the overall M&E strategy for Project Mesha, which will include roll-out of the online MIS system, quality control, regular analysis of data to identify key learning and advise project implementation, undertaking/ designing field surveys and quantitative and qualitative assessments to facilitate regular tracking of project activities and outputs, and will work closely with AKRSP (I), the M&E team at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the project’s technical partners (Nimbkar Agricultural Research Institute, Global Alliance for Veterinary Medicine (GALVmed) and others).
STRUCTURE AND ROLE DETAILS
Reporting to State Programme Manager, Bihar
Full- time employment terms
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure quality implementation of the project M&E and MIS systems, including regular surveys and evaluations, quantitative and qualitative assessments, process monitoring, and review workshops/ meetings.
- Support the implementation of the end-line evaluation and the implementation of various qualitative and quantitative surveys (eg. annual outcome surveys, annual WEAI surveys, studies to track progress against specific indicators).
- In dialogue with the impleme
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - Post Graduate-Other
- Should be capable of meeting short deadlines and producing quality materials with a fast turnaround.
- Solution-oriented, creative problem-solver, who can be versatile and is willing to work around obstacles.
- Willingness to be based in Patna and travel extensively in the project area. Fluency in English and Hindi (both written and verbal) is required.
- An ability to work in teams is essential, as well as the ability to work independently and to multi-task.
- Understand the on ground challenges associated with program implementation and offer solutions for the same.
- He/She will have to have interest in the domain and deal with ambiguity