We seek an experienced Research Associate to be a part of a dynamic research team within CUTS. The Research Associate will collect primary and secondary data for preparing research reports, write briefing papers, monographs, viewpoint papers etc.Knowledge of practical aspects of Public Policy, Competition Law and Regulatory issues are desirable. This will involve working with different teams within CUTS to develop, capacitate and deliver the research. Responsibilities
1. Undertake research projects in defined areas of interest with end-to-end ownership for project planning, data collection, analysis and documentation.
2. Deliver projects within agreed timelines, keeping in mind the quality and impact indicators set for the team.
3. Collate and assist in analysis of data collected through pilot projects, and report on findings.
4. Partner with the communication, advocacy and outreach teams to effectively disseminate research findings to media and other key stakeholders in the policy making ecosystem. Support dialogues, workshops, and conferences on the research outputs.
5. Support the fund-raising team in submitting grant proposals and identifying new donors for our projects.
6. Carry out field research and data analysis.
CUTS recognizes that the right candidate will have a significant impact on the success of the organization and is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package for the non-profit sector, commensurate with experience.
1.The position will be based in Jaipur.
2. Occasional travel around India with potential for international travel to partners and conferences will be expected.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a cover letter highlighting your suitability for the position. Please mention job code in subject line of application. Any application received without the appropriate job code will not be considered.
Given the large volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants and our responses are limited to those who are shortlisted. Consumer Unity and Trust Society (CUTS) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants on merit without regard to race, national origin, religious beliefs, gender, marital status or physical disability.
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - Post Graduate-Other
1. Previous experience of public policy research and advocacy preferred.
2. Experience of working in a multicultural environment will be an added advantage.
1. Good working knowledge and proven experience of quantitative and qualitative research with strong analytical skills.
1. Excellent writing skills for research papers as well as mass publications.
2. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
3. Passionate about research.
4. Team player
5. Ability to generate goodwill with working partners.
6. Ability to manage parallel tasks and deliver on time to meet internal and external deadlines.
7. Competency in the use of market research tools, statistical packages such as Stata, SPSS and data analysis is an added advantage.