Grameen Foundation India is planning a major national level event in the latter half of 2019 in which the Associate Manager – Event Management will be responsible for seeking & securing sponsorships, event theme building, creating event programs, communicating with event attendees & donors, contracting vendors, coordinating event logistics, timelines and tasks as necessary for event production.
Key elements of the job include:
1. Preparing event concept note and concept note for all the workshops, event marketing material, brochures.
2. Preparing proposals for pitching to potential sponsors.
3. Managing a micro-site for the event on the GF website.
4. Preparing database of conference invitees.
5. Preparing event agenda.
6. Identifying speakers for different sessions.
7. Preparing letters of invitation for speakers and telephonic follow up.
8. Coordinating an Advisory Committee for the event and hosting Advisory Committee Meetings.
9. Work with an event management company to manage all the event related logistics.
10.Venue booking and overseeing all the logistics arrangements at the event venue.
11. Together with Associate Manager- Communications, coordination with media outlets, PR firms etc to ensure wide publicity for the event.
12. Overseeing the preparation and publication of various analytical reports to be released at the conference.
13. Developing a protocol for online and off-line registration and oversee registration process.
14. Maintain pro-active communication with all the stakeholders, advisory committee, resource persons, special invitees and event attendees.
15. Liaison and coordinate with the advisory committee, speakers, key resource persons & event sponsors.
This is an extremely hands-on role and the employee is expected to quickly understand the nature of demands, respond quickly and diligently with highest quality outputs.
Reporting and collaboration: This position reports to the Associate Director – Institutional relations
Compensation: GFI offers a competitive compensation package.
How to apply: Interested candidates may apply by sending their updated resumes and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org with Associate Manager – Event Management in the subject line.
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - Post Graduate-Other
1. Commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission.
2. Experience with integrating social media into event planning and execution
3. Superior time management skills, multi-tasking abilities, team playing skills.
4. Budget management and negotiation skills.
5. Ability to accomplish projects independently.
6. Good report documentation skills.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism.
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
9. Experience with hiring and managing vendors for event production.
10. Strong computer literacy especially Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and website management.