General Manager – Resource Mobilization is responsible to define the strategic direction for corporate and other stakeholder relationships in terms of funding and programs. Responsible for fund raising, identifying programs with NGO partners or UWB flagship programs that align with CSR mandate, building capacity for Corporates/ funders, garnering corporate volunteers and engaging them are some key responsibilities of this role.
Strategic Priorities and Operational Plan
1. Participate in identifying strategic priorities for the organization along with the core Management team.
2. Create annual operational plan in line with the strategic priorities identified for UWB.
3. Ensure collaboration and synergies across various functions like Community Engagement and Finance to enable smooth operations.
1. Play a pivotal role in driving the corporate relations strategy for UWB in line with the organization's goals
2. Map the landscape of funders (HNIs, CSR and Foundations) and identify potential organizations that would be interested in partnering with UWB.
3. Build a network of individuals, foundations and corporates to build a pipeline of funding for the next 3 years.
4. Bring on board funders who are keen to work in domains UWB specialize in - Health, Environment, Education and Livelihood. Maintain a balance between programs across these 4 domains and other domains that corporates are interested in.
5. Build capacity of the funders to understand the ground realities of the development sector and raise awareness on untapped/ critical needs of the community.
6. Negotiate and agree on terms and conditions that will work for the funders and UWB to build a long-term relationship
7. Ensure MoUs are signed with Corporates based on agreement between UWB and the corporates.
8. Identify and build partnerships between corporates and NGOs for funding and volunteering. Ensure needs are identified and mapped in a way that it will work for Corporates and NGOs.
9. Oversee the corporate volunteering events organized by the team to ensure all expectations from the corporate are met
10. Coordinate with the Community Engagement team to ensure corporate programs/ events have been implemented as per plan.
Program Management and Operations
1. Collaborate with the Community Engagement team to identify reliable and credible NGOs across various domains that can be enlisted to work with corporates.
2. Collaborate with the Community Engagement team to help them understand the expectations from corporates and engagement model
3. Be a point of contact for corporates to share updates, utilization certificates, progress on program with various NGOs.
4. Share utilization reports, budget reports, impact assessments, quaternal and annual reports with the corporates as defined in the MoU.
5. Collaborate with the Branding and Communications team to ensure case studies, showcases and other collaterals are created to be used for conversations with corporates
6. Identify and articulate expectations from corporate funders for NGOs. Build capacity of NGOs to make them better suited to attract corporate funding and volunteer engagement
1. Build and maintain strategic partnerships and relationships with the Foundations, Corporates and key sector entities to help build presence and brand for UWB.
2. Identify opportunities to bring corporates together to work on social issues jointly
1. Ensure team is adequately staffed to manage all the activities conducted in the Corporate Relations vertical
2. Set goals and monitor progress of t