Manager - Community Engagement is responsible for delivery of programs in a certain geography/ domain as defined by UWB. End to end responsibility of delivering program activities as per timelines, monitoring of implementation partners, managing program funds, managing partnerships and Government relationships, sharing reports and updates, building capacity of NGOs and communities.
Program Management and Implementation
- Conduct field visits and data gathering visits to understand needs of a community and share findings with the management team to be incorporated into proposals for prospective funders.
- Ensure all new and existing programs are delivered as per the program plan for the domain/ geography along with implementation partners or directly by UWB.
- Ensure continuous monitoring and evaluation of NGOs to ensure program objectives are achieved as defined in the MoU with the funder.
- Ensure reliable vendors are contracted and monitored to deliver program outcomes for programs owned by UWB.
- Ensure new NGOs are identified and shared with the due diligence team to increase the number of implementation partners for programs.
- Ensure program documentation and process is followed as defined in the standard operating procedure for program delivery by the management team of Community Engagement.
- Build capacity of NGO partners to help them deliver program objectives and be more transparent in their interactions
- Liaison with the Government officials/ local village administration to seek approvals, build relationships and ensure smooth delivery of program objectives.
Collaboration with internal functions
- Support the corporate relations team to facilitate corporate visits to the NGO/ community and volunteering activities as per plan.
- Collaborate with the corporate relations team to plan specific events and volunteering activities for corporates during the year.
- Liaison with corporate partners on visits/ volunteering events and share progress details of the program.
- Review and monitor the utilization of budgets allocated for the program and ensure compliance.
- Ensure all the program related paperwork is submitted on salesforce for approval and disbursement of funds.
- Ensure all quarterly and annual reports are sent to the corporate relations team to share with the funders.
- Collaborate with other United Way Chapters to help implement programs that are successful in the Bangalore chapter.
- Collaborate with the Finance and Accounts team to ensure adherence to process on vendor selection, registration and engagement.
- Ensure the team is adequately staffed to implement all the programs for the domain/ geographies.
- Train, mentor and groom team to build their capacity and improve their performance.
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - MSW
English, Hindi, Kannada (any other regional languages)
Planning and execution
Collaboration and partnerships
Writing skills - reports and proposals
Willing to travel extensively - About 70% of the time Some experience in monitoring and evaluation will be beneficial