We are actively seeking a self-driven Principal Economist to strategically lead the research agenda for the Financial Inclusion and MSME and Entrepreneurship focus areas at IFMR LEAD. He / She will steer the research staffs and work in close collaboration with the senior team members to present avenues for new research ideas, supervise research projects, dissemination through publications or otherwise and addressing policy relevant questions that are salient to the sector.
• To provide strategic research direction and oversight for the research agenda on Financial Inclusions and MSME & Entrepreneurship.
• To provide thought leadership direction to the research team.
• To provide technical inputs to research staff on the policy relevant research questions and identify knowledge gaps in the research work carried out on this theme.
• To manage advocacy work including design, implementation, relationship building and partnership management.
• To work in close collaboration with the team to discuss new research ideas, recent and relevant sector trends and brainstorm on possible ways to expand the financial inclusion and MSME & Entrepreneurship agenda of the research team at IFMR LEAD.
• To diligently motivate teams and implement activities such as events, trainings, and research by working collaboratively with local stakeholders to achieve mutual goals.
• To liaise with policy makers, regulators and academia to identify knowledge gaps and expand the research agenda of the financial inclusion team at IFMR LEAD.
• To contribute to peer-reviewed publications, policy briefs, blog posts and other dissemination output as required.
• To collaborate on fundraising activities for the various initiatives and research projects and ensure sustainability.
• To contribute to capacity building activities of IFMR LEAD.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director IFMR LEAD
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
• Deadline: Applications are being accepted until the position is filled.
• Please submit: Resume and cover letter.
• Questions and application submission at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - Post Graduate-Other
• Solid understanding of social science research methods, research project management, design and processes;
• Proven ability to produce peer-reviewed publications;
• Proven analytical skills, including, specifically, skills working with quantitative data using econometric methods;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Proven ability to manage multi-tasking and propose solutions in a timely manner with nominal supervision;
• Capacity to maintain an organized and structured work style in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing environments and work with multiple stakeholders;
• Strong interpersonal skills, and willingness to interact with a wide range of individuals from Research Associates, Research Managers, etc. to academics, donors, research instituti