We are actively seeking qualified, self-sufficient and thorough researchers, preferably trained in Economics/Development studies/other social sciences, for carrying forward the research agenda of IWWAGE. The candidates are expected to have a clear understanding of the current issues around women’s work and labour markets and should be experienced in using extensive research methodologies to perform detailed research. They are expected to be able to analyse large and complex secondary data sets as well as be able to conduct small scale studies to collect evidence on ‘what works’, analyze the evidence using quantitative research techniques and to communicate research in the form of external and internal publications. The research fellows should have excellent communication skills in order to be able to present their research to various stakeholders and in various national and international platforms. The researcher would be working closely with the IWWAGE research and policy advocacy team and assist Principal Economist in executing the core research deliverables, including managing existing project deliverables. The candidates should be willing to travel, whenever necessary.
• Assist in establishing the broader research agenda of IWWAGE.
• Contribute to determine the research objectives for the short-term research programmes.
• Assist in monitoring the overall research programme as per the research plan of action.
• Carry out independent in-house research projects.
• Develop survey design, questionnaires, polls etc. specific to research requirements and test research methodologies to confirm intended purpose of evaluation for current research.
• Oversee and monitor fieldwork, interviews, experiments, to gather evidence.
• Collate, organize and maintain research databases.
• Contribute actively in managing project deadlines, maintaining timelines, reviewing outputs and coordinating with funders/research/academic partners.
• Manage and build capacity of the research assistants and young researchers/interns and fellows at IWWAGE.
• Actively contribute in developing future research opportunities.
• Develop request for proposals for forging research partnerships
• Publish articles in peer reviewed national and international journals, opinion pieces for magazines and newspapers, blog pieces.
• Develop policy briefs, factsheets and short research outputs for IWWAGE internal publications.
Deadline: Applications are being accepted until the position is filled.
Please submit resume and cover letter.
Questions and application submission at: firstname.lastname@example.org
REPORTING TO: Principal Economist
ASSIGNMENT LENGTH: Full time position
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - Post Graduate-Other
• Solid understanding of gender and employment issues, specifically for India;
• In depth knowledge of social science research methods, especially quantitative;
• Proven analytical skills, including working with quantitative data using econometric methods;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to work in a team.