1. Work closely with Manager-Finance as appropriate. Provide reports and analysis to assist in the running of operations.
2. Assist Manager-Finance in developing and refining all financial processes in line with organisational needs and compliant to accounting standards.
3. Assist Manager-Finance to develop Oxfam India budget on year on year basis in collaboration with all the Oxfam Units & Departments.
4. Preparation & review of quarterly, annual financials (FCRA & Local) including annual financial highlights for the annual report.
5. Responsible for the treasury management, including payment of suppliers & vendors, monitoring petty cash and production of accurate cash reporting and cash flow forecasting.
6. Track income from various sources including follow up with Oxfam Affiliates and other donors for timely receipt of instalments.
7. Assist Manager-Finance to review of periodic MIS on budget utilization and variance analysis.
8. Assist Manager-Finance for forecasting of income and expenditure on regular intervals and as and when required.
9. Work with Finance and Non-Finance staff in understanding Finance related issues.
10. Assist Manager-Finance in managing statutory and internal audit.
11. Accountable for the production and submission of Donor financial reports
12. Review Fixed Asset Register on periodic basis.
13. Any other tasks assigned from time to time.
Ensure statutory compliance across the organization.
Compliance to laws & legislations for all financial transactions across India.
During the course of employment the post holder may be required to move base on a temporary or permanent basis to any workplace controlled by Oxfam India.
The candidate should be willing to travel within the region/country extensively and be deployed for extended periods in humanitarian response programmes in the field.
Contract - 3 Years Fixed Term (extendable)
Reports To - Manager – Finance
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - CA
1. Sound knowledge of all relevant laws and statutory legal requirements.
2. Fluent written and spoken English.
3. Ability to work with a diverse group of people, in an atmosphere of mutual respect.
4. Proven knowledge of computerised systems especially Oracle Financials ERP and spreadsheets; high degree of computer literacy and word processing skills essential.
5. Ability to prioritise well and definite commitment to meet deadlines.
6. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Commitment to the aims and objectives of the organisation.