About Project Sankalp
The Government of Haryana has collaborated with Avanti to impart Blended Learning Science and Mathematics program in Grade IX- XII Science and Mathematics by integrating with the ICT (information and communication technology) platform. The aim of the project is to convert 160 Hindi medium and 59 English medium government schools into model centers of excellence by bringing about pedagogical and systemic change, using existing government personnel and resources.
Role and Responsibilities
The role would involve managing different aspects of the project including organizing and conducting training sessions (for school teachers and mentors), liaising with govt. officials to ensure transformation of current classrooms to Blended Learning Classrooms and to conduct assessments at various intervals. Each Senior Program Manager would work with various Program Managers to manage all activities pertaining to their Zone and support and report to the Program Director for ensuring the overall functioning of the project. Responsibilities include:
Setup of Processes and Systems
● Audit Process - Design audit resources (google forms etc.), schedule and conduct audit for infrastructure (computer, projector, speakers, screen, room, electricity, generator, benches etc.), teachers and students
● Plan and conduct orientation/training for various govt. personnel including DEOs, BEOs, Principals and Teachers
● Ensure all study materials (video lectures, printed workbooks etc.) reach schools in time after necessary processing steps like printing and dispatch at the zonal/nodal level.
● Plan academic calendar and schedule for various assessments round the year.
Manage BAU Processes
● Manage a team of 4-5 Program Managers.
● Conduct school visits regularly to observe if classrooms are running as required and resolve any issues identified.
● Coordinate with govt. personnel and program management team for smooth conduction of assessments.
● Perform assessment analysis and create reports for various stakeholders.
● Conduct District Level Principal meeting along with the DEO’s to discuss various issues pertaining to the project (infrastructural issues, assessment analysis, school test performance and adherence to the process at different steps).
● Conduct Monthly meetings with BEOs to identify flags and discuss monthly travel plan for school visits.
● Conduct Monthly Project Review Meeting with the Nodal Officer and discuss the plan of action for Printing Materials, Reports, Expenses, Issues, Orders to be issued etc.
● Plan/resolve/highlight any other intermediate activities/issues to ensure smooth functioning of the program throughout, working in collaboration with all relevant stakeholders.
Salary: 6-7.5 LPA
Reporting to- Program Head
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - Post Graduate-Other
1. Strong communication, organization and interpersonal skills. Command over written and spoken English and Hindi.
2. Willingness to travel 70% of the time in specific months at the state/district/block level in program geographies.
3. Supervisory experience and management and team building skills, especially in a multicultural setting,
4. Strong analytical skills with the ability to detect and report inconsistencies.
5. Experience in preparing proposals and reports in English.
6. Experience in Government projects in the development sector is preferable .
7. Degree in Mathematics and Science Preferable.
8. Experience in team handling and management.