We seek a Lands Project Manager to provide technical and program expertise to support our Lands work in India. We seek someone with expertise in conservation, restoration, management and sustainable use of forests, grasslands,desertsor other terrestrial ecosystems. The position will directly support the Program Lead- India Lands Program in advancing the organization’s land-related strategies.
The person in this role will utilize advanced tools, techniques and methods to provide technical and programmatic support to various ongoing and new projects. The Lands Project Managerwill play a key role in the entire project management life cycle of the Lands program, responsible for managing key projects and ensuring delivery of commitments on time and budget.as well as providing technical inputs to a variety of projects. The Lands Project Manager mayalso cultivate partnerships with government agencies, other conservation organizations, civil society organizations, and the academic community.
This is a 2-year project-based position with the TNC India program with possibility for renewal.
The Lands Project Managerwill work across various projects within The Nature Conservancy’s Lands program portfolio. S/he will also help develop proposals for research or field projects related to conservation/restoration/management/sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, manage different components of the projects, collect data and relevant information from online/published sources,conduct field studies as and when required, carry out scientific analysis of ecological or socio-economic data, interact with government officials and other relevant stakeholders to get support for the projects, and help write technical and project reports. The person should have experience of working in integrated teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
1. Collect, collateand analyze data on the status and key conservation challenges of different categories of land resources in India (forests, grasslands, agriculture lands, etc.) from various secondary sources, as well as interviews.
2. Assist the Program Lead in developing strategies to address the identified challenges to achieve positive environmental, economic, and social outcomes.
3. Work with the Program Lead to identify potential priority areas for the India Lands Program in alignment with the Conservancy’s Shared Conservation Agenda.
4. Identify potential partners (research, field intervention, policy engagement, etc.) for implementing the identified priority interventions.
5. Develop concept notes and project proposals to obtain funding for the identified priority interventions.
6. Provide technical and programmatic support to projects in the Lands program portfolio.
7. Manage various aspects of selected projects, from developing and implementing work plans, coordinating events, managing contracts, undertaking research, and reporting on projects, as well as other ongoing project management needs. Carry out project implementation activities in a timely manner and within budget as per the work plans of the assigned projects.
8. Conduct scientific baseline and impact studies.
9. Organize stakeholder consultations, roundtable discussions and other meetings as per requirements of different projects. Prepare agendas and minutes of the meetings.
10. Act as a technical liaison within and outside of the organization. Attend various program-related meetings and workshops.
11. In consultation with the Program Lead, manage strategic relationships with different partners.
12. Prepare technical and project reports, memoranda, articles, papers, and presentations related to the program for internal and external audiences.
13. Work with the Conservancy&
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - Post Graduate-Other
1. Experience managing complex projects including the financial aspect and coordinating the work of peers and partners.
2. Experience manipulating, analyzing and interpreting statistical or environmental data; including undertaking desk- and field-based research and carrying out scientific analysis of collected data, technical reports, and project reports.
3. Flexibility and ability to apply science skill set to address an array of interdisciplinary conservation issues.
4. Excellent communication skills and fluency in English and Hindi.
5. Experience working and communicating with a wide range of people.
6. Ability of use common word-processing, presentation, spread-sheet, database and email software applications.
7. Multi-language skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience.
8. Specialized training in advanced computer applications related to GIS, statistical analysis, p