Position Role/ Overall Responsibility
Responsible for planning and managing the development and fulfillment of processes and policies which support Sponsorship Relations management, in order to provide timely, accurate and satisfactory responses to all communications and requirement requests to connect sponsors and beneficiaries. Ensure transparency in all Sponsorship Relations processes and activities.
Key Functional Areas
Supervision and Staff Development
1. Oversees the day to day activities of the department.
2. Understands and reviews Sponsorship Relations policies, guidelines, requirements, new initiatives, changes, issues, etc. to continually improve the operations of the Sponsorship Relations department and provide feedback to Children International Sponsor Relations unit of the changes.
3. Organizes, coordinates, supervises, and evaluates the department’s personnel.
4. Conducts orientation/training to staff (new or old) in all aspects of Sponsorship.
5. Conducts training for volunteers regarding different Sponsorship Relations activities.
6. Provides technical assistance/support to field staff in relation to compliance for Sponsorship Relations activities.
Planning and Organization
1. Responsible for the strategic planning to ensure high compliance on all data collection and processing of Sponsorship Relations activities which includes letters, family records, photos, drops processes etc.
2. Periodically develops, reviews and revises processes for the Sponsorship Relations activities to maximize utilization of available staff and time
3. In conjunction with other agency key staff, Identifies and organizes growth sectors to support new registration whenever applicable
4. Prepares and submits Sponsorship Relations budget for the Agency. Once approved, encodes the budget in the Work Plan module.
1. Coordinates and supervises sponsor/donor visits.
2. Works with Children International / Kansas City in the development of child letter templates when applicable.
3. Supervises encoding process and ensures appropriate use of Child Database and Memo Database.
4. Coordinates all the activities related to Sponsorship Relations department which also involve interaction with other department staff, as needed.
5. Ensures that Sponsorship Relations staff support Program staff in communicating and promoting the various programs/activities offered by the agency. Contributes as part of the agency team to promote alignment of activities with the organization’s strategic objectives.
Sponsorship Relations Evaluation and Monitoring
1. Reviews, edits, improves field memo content and ensures timely submission to Children International Kansas City.
2. Conducts regular visits to the communities to support and improve processes corresponding to the collection of Sponsorship Relations products.
3. Advances methods and processes that ensure data integrity.
4. Implements quality control checks for child letter translations (if applicable) and child photos and takes corrective measures when needed.
5. Follows up on overdue Sponsorship Relations requirements informing the Agency Director of any anomaly.
6. Carries out weekly monitoring and follow up of overdue field memos.
7. Works on strategies to reduce child drops and improve photos quality.
8. Leads regular meetings with the Sponsorship Relations staff, to coordinate and evaluate current and future processes and activities.
1. Participates actively in mont