The Assistant Manager Admin & Operations provides highly specialized admin and operations support services. This position will manage all vendors, support staff, and coordinate with partner NGOs. The person will report to Director of Finance & Operations. The position is based out of Delhi.
The Assistant Manager Admin & Operations shall provide highly specialized admin and operations support services. The person will work closely with Program and Operations Team members in ensuring smooth operations, financial management, vendor management, contract negotiation, procurement and in providing proper logistics support to program teams. The person shall have a high level of expertise in their area(s) of specialization. The position administers and maintains vendors, support staff and office upkeeping in accordance with TNC policies and procedures and best practices in this field. The Assistant Manager Admin & Operationsprovides assistance to staff in their specialty area. The person will respond to moderately complex employee/management questions and problems based on advanced knowledge of the subject area.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
1. Work closely with the outsourced Accounting Firm to ensure timely processing of all invoices, travel claims and other payments.
2. Maintain Approved Vendor List (AVL) and independently manage all vendors (travel, IT, office supplies, etc.). Share the updated AVL with the team monthly.
3. Ensure full compliance with Procurement Policy. Lead and manage procurement of goods and services. Get quotations and maintain minutes of Procurement Committee Meeting.
4. Provide excellent logistics support in organizing meeting, workshop, event or retreat, like ticket bookings, visa arrangements, hotel bookings etc.
5. Coordinate with partner NGOs on financial reporting and due-diligence. Collaborate with Manager Finance & Compliance in financial monitoring and variance analysis.
6. Ensure safekeeping, maintenance and proper use of organisation’s Assets. Maintain Fixed Assets Register, Inventory Register, Petty Cash Book.
7. Coordinate and follow-up with TNC’s banks in India for all banking needs.
8. Manager maintenance staff (office boy, cleaning staff, etc.) and supervise their work.
9. Ensure proper upkeeping and maintenance of office – telephone, internet, office supplies, etc.
10. Ensure safety of staff and office. Timely renewal of insurance cover for Assets and Office.
11. Support in preparation of internal and external audits.
12. Ensure proper system of record retention – proper storage of records for at least 8 financial years.
13. Ensure timely renewal of all vendor contracts, including office lease agreement.
14. Lead setting-up of field offices (if required). Visit program/field area for providing administrative support or coordinating with the local partner.
15. Support Manager Finance & Compliance in proper implementation of policies and procedures, meeting legal compliance requirements and any other incidental task.
16. Any other related task as assigned by Director of Finance & Operations.
How to Apply
To apply to position # 47653visit www.nature.org/careersand submit resume and cover letter. The application deadline is June 10th, 2019. If you experience technical problems with the site or application process, please contact email@example.com include the job opening ID.
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - MBA/PGDM
1. MBA, M.Com., CA – Inter or equivalent qualification.
2. Minimum 7 years of experience in administration, finance and grant management functions of a medium to large organization.
3. Effective English-speaking skills and ability to communicate effectively with local and international stakeholders
4. Excellent negotiation and inter-personal skill.
5. Multi-lingual skills and/or multi-cultural experience appreciated.
6. Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data. Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel.
7. Strong planning and organizational skills.
8. Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
9. Positive and service attitude.
Builds productive relationships by interacting with others in ways that enhance mutual trust and commitment.