The Manager – Finance & Compliance provides sophisticated business, financial and economic expertise to address conservation challenges. The position will manage the accounting and reporting requirements applicable to TNC India. This position reports to Director of Finance & Operations in TNC India. The position is based in New Delhi.
The Manager – Finance & Compliance collaborates with Worldwide Office teams, field staff, Conservancy senior management, and partner organizations to bring sophisticated business, financial, and economic analysis and expertise to the design and implementation of the Conservancy’s conservation priorities and strategic Conservancy initiatives. This position will work closely with Director of Finance & Operations in building robust financial systems and managing financial, operations and legal risks. The position will collaborate and supervise up to 3 team members.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
1. Maintain statutory records and ensure compliance with the provisions ofCompanies Act, Income tax Act, GST, FCRA and internal policies and procedures, and financial standards of TNC.
2. Update Compliance Calendar on a monthly basis and upload all legal documents – Financial Statement, ITR, Board Minutes, etc. on TNC’s legal database system.
3. Collaborate with Program Teams in preparing project/donor budget.
4. Support Director of Finance & Operations in Annual Planning & Budgeting Process.
5. Supervise the outsourced Accounting Firm and ensure books of accounts are maintained in Tally as per Indian Accounting Standards
6. Independently maintain accounts in the global accounting software, viz. Insight.
7. Reconcileglobal and local books of Accounts /Trial Balance on monthly basis and send the required information to the global office.
8. Regular reconciliation of cash and bank accounts
9. Lead year-end financial closure and preparation of Financial Statement of the organization with support from the outsourced Accounting Firm.
10. Timelycompliance with the requirements of all T.D.S. provisions – timely deduction, deposit, filing return and issue of certificate
11. In case of Private Awards, cost assigning expenses on the system.
12. Meeting the requirements of Gratuity Act and Provident Fund Act – proper accounting, deposit and reporting.
13. Provide support and clarification to program staff and/or partner NGOs on accounting and admin issues.
14. Periodically review and revise financial guidelines and respond to the queries of employees relating to financial and travel policy.
15. Preform financial analysis and prepare monthly financial MIS to be shared with program team or global office – (budget utilization summary, pledge review, forecasting, working budget changes, etc.)
16. Support Director Finance & Operations in strengthening internal control system and in risk management
17. Carry out due-diligence/financial reviewof partner organization and manage their financial reporting.
18. Collaborate and provide the required financial information to other teams – Fundraising, Program, Human Resource and Admin.
19. Ensures the programmatic work is collaborative and well-integrated across organization.
20. Makes independent decisions frequently based on analysis, experience and judgment.
21. May direct or participate in negotiations for complex, high profile or sensitive agreements.
22. Any other project as assigned by the Director of Finance & Operations.
How to Apply
To apply to position # 47652visit www.nature.org/careersand submit resume and cov
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - CA
1. Chartered Accountant, Cost Accountant or Company Secretary
2. 10 years of experience in Accounting, Financial Reporting and Statutory Compliance.
3. Strong planning and multi-tasking skills.
4. Multi-lingual skills and/or multi-cultural experience appreciated.
5. Strong team player who can build relationships and work collaboratively across the organization and with Conservancy partners.
6. Ability to successfully develop and implement complex projects in an unstructured environment.
7. Outstanding analytical and project management capabilities.
8. Superior written and oral communications.
9. Good knowledge of Excel and Tally software.
10. International work experience desirable.
Builds productive relationships by interacting with others in ways t