We are seeking a motivated NRLM Technical Expert: Gender Integration, Centre for Excellence for Women’s Economic Collectives (CEWEC) for the Initiative for What Works to Advance Women and Girls in the Economy (“IWWAGE”) at IFMR LEAD. The objective of this Initiative is to create a platform to promote, synthesize and generate evidence on “what works” for women’s economic empowerment. Under IWWAGE, we have set up a Centre of Excellence to drive Women’s Empowerment Collectives. CEWEC is a learning platform on evidence-based empowerment approaches and models of institutionalized gender and empowerment social infrastructure at multiple levels of governance in the livelihoods mission, and as a hub or resource base of SHG institutions and their approaches.
The NRLM Technical Expert – Gender Integration will be responsible for providing clear technical expertise on strengthening and driving the gender integration agenda/efforts being promoted by NRLM. She/he will work at the national level to provide capacity and technical assistance and knowledge management and evaluation support to NRLM’s gender strategy. At state level, the focus will be on developing state strategies& building their capacities.
1. Technical support to NRLM and SRLMs for strengthening their strategic framework for gender integration
2. Support the states in the preparation of the Annual Action Plans and strategies
3. Build a resource pool at the state; district and block levels who support and drive the gender mainstreaming efforts
4. Provide technical support for the development of integrated modules; IEC material; and documentation efforts
5. Support in the development and implementation of a gender road map, which is supplemented with standard operating procedures and modules
6. Lead Capacity Building efforts with frequent travel to SMMUs,DMMUs and BMMUs and federation level staff for improved functionality and efficiency
7. Build partnership with NRLM to ensure learning and scale up of gender integrative and transformative models
8. Collaborate with National and State Rural Livelihoods Missions, National Resource Persons to set up monitoring and learning frameworks on gender integration
9. Work closely with the Ministry of Rural Developmentand NIRD across a spectrum of areas related to the women’s self-help groups and federations platform
10. Expected travel- Upto 40-50% of time
11. Perform any other duties assigned by the project management unit as per the need of the programme
Deadline: Applications are being accepted until position is filled. Please send your queries to IWWAGE_hr@ifmr.ac.in.
Interested candidates can submit their Resume and a cover letter to: IWWAGE_hr@ifmr.ac.in
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - MSW
1. Should have experience of havingworked on large scale, complex gender based programmes across different geographies and with different donors;
2. Experience of working with SHGs federations and institutions and other regulatory/government bodies is a must.
3. Experience with NRLM/SRLMs is highly desirable;
4. Experience in conducting capacity building workshops, providing technical support, developing strategy/IEC material is needed;
5. Excellent networking and relationship-building skills and the ability to interact with stakeholders and partner, both public and private.