This India-based BD Manager will require to identify fundraising opportunities for the organization and manage end to end proposal development and review process of the organisation. The candidate will be required to work in close coordination with research verticals at IFMR LEAD right from the identification of funding opportunities, until the final submission of the proposals and provide all support in terms of document preparation, liaising with different departments for information gathering, coordinating timelines and so on. S/he will also be required to assist in creating written proposals and other materials that is required as per the donor requirements. The candidate must be able to write in a detailed, factual and convincing manner. The candidate must assist in creating proposals according to specified guidelines in collaboration with the various research teams at IFMR LEAD and base it on factual information that provides the reader with necessary details to make a decision about future financial contributions or business commitments. S/he will work out of the Chennai office and will report to the Associate Director. Travel may be required to conduct research and to meet with involved parties.This is a networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to adhere to demanding deadlines.
1. Identify funding opportunities on an ongoing basis.
2. Develop databases of potential funding organizations across different types such as corporate, bilateral, multilateral, academic, government and so on.
3. Identifying opportunities for core funding and preparing relevant materials to ‘sell’ the organization and its activities.
4. Ensure that the proposal development process is anchored centrally from end to end.
5. ensure that every section of the proposal is developed meticulously, with no gaps.
6. Ensure uncompromised quality of proposals/concept notes/expressions of interest submitted by IFMR LEAD.
7. Understand IFMR LEAD’s strengths & areas of improvement in terms of expertise and experience to filter funding opportunities pursued.
8. Develop and maintain a ready folder of project summaries, profile summaries, detailed projects and CVs, and a list of key experts.
9. Researching, writing and organizing ideas.
10. Conducting interviews, reviewing products or services, creating strategies, working with graphic designers and presenting proposals.
11. Lead storyboard sessions with proposal team members and key stakeholders.
12. Proactively develop and manage a network of subject matter experts.
13. Assist the relevant vertical heads in developing a proposal structure.
14. Identify and re-work existing pre-written content where relevant.
15. Deliver completed written proposal responses to the project head against agreed RFP deadlines, escalating issues as required.
16. Re-write / edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from technical, finance, legal and operational teams.
17. Prepare other materials such as powerpoint presentations, concept notes, brochures and so on as required per the particular stakeholder.
18. Communicate and influence at a senior level.
19. Develop quarterly targets and work-plan and show deliverables against such targets.
Deadline: Applications are being accepted until position is closed.
Please submit: Resume and cover letter.
Questions and application submission: Please contact email address:
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - MBA/PGDM
- Excellent research skills and the ability to write persuasively and articulately are essential.
- Excellent communicator - able to express complex technical issues in plain language, without losing the important points.
- Experience in consolidating a large pool of learning material into concise language.
- Detail-oriented candidates with excellent interpersonal, computer and organizational skills preferred.
- Previous experience in proposal writing, which may be gained through internships, as part of college course projects and through volunteer opportunities with awareness groups, community programs and other non-profit organizations preferred.
- Previous experience in winning huge grants from reputed national/international organizations and raising funds from different types of organizations is preferred.
- Strong time management / prioritization