Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), an established research and advocacy institute, is looking for a Programme Manager for its recently launched University Programme (UP).
The University Programme (UP) targets both the educators and students of the University community through its Green Educators Network. The network is a platform for faculty who teach EVS (Environmental Studies) to connect with each other and keep themselves abreast with the latest developments, case studies in the field of environment.
Programme Manager for University Programme, will anchor and lead the next phase of the University Programme. This will include expanding the Green Educators Network by building partnerships to reach environmental educators from around the country, representing the organisation on various online and offline platforms, development and implementation of activities through the year to keep the Network engaged, research, create and distribute content targeted at both the faculty and students, and writing reports and articles. The incumbent will be part of CSE’s Environment Education Unit (EEU), and will work in close coordination with various CSE programme units and Down To Earth, CSE’s environment fortnightly. The position is based at the CSE office in Delhi.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and skill sets.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 24th, 2019.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates can send applications online (preferable) or by postal services, as convenient.
For online submission: Please visit http://jobs.cseindia.org and choose ‘Programme Manager - UP’.
Or Post it to:
Ms. Jagdeep Gupta,
Executive Director- Planning & Operations
Centre for Science and Environment
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area,
New Delhi – 110062
Tel: 29956394/6339/5124, Fax: 29955879
NP: Only short listed candidates will be informed. The shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview and written test.
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - Post Graduate-Other
1. Must have the ability to take independent charge of the initiative.
2. Must have the ability and experience to network and independently interact with other stakeholders in the sector, including government officials, academic institutions and educators.
3. Must have proven leadership qualities and administrative capabilities.
4. Must have insight on complex issues of environment and sustainable development.
5. Should be able to contribute to the development of publications, e-newsletters, and other resource material.
6. Think innovatively and be a trouble shooter.
7. Should be able to conduct workshops and networking events for educators and students, independently.
8. Must be able to connect with the constituency on social media and encourage conversation on the various platforms.
9. Must be fluent in English and Hindi (written and oral).
10. Must be willing to t