He or she would be responsible for overseeing the Business Development and managing the financial functions of the organisation. Responsibilities include preparation and presenting Revenue and Capital Budgets, periodic review of financial performance, comparison of actual performance with budgets and recommending corrective actions if needed to adhere to the budgets. Managing workers or volunteers, organizing events, developing donors, and grant writing. He / She must create effective strategies for maximizing donations.
Key Areas of Delivery
1. Develop and deliver a comprehensive and coherent fundraising strategy for the organisation.
2. Lead communication with key donors and funders with the aim of cultivating, growing and sustaining long-term funding and collaboration.
3. Develop multi-level relationships within the prospect / donor organisations.
4. Ability to interact at senior management teams / C-Levels / decision makers across various stakeholders, donor partner organisations, etc.
5. Set and achieve realistic time-limited fundraising targets, agreed in consultation with
6. key staff and the Board of Trustees.
7. Partner with various internal stakeholders and external stakeholders (Donors, Partners, Social Communities) to ensure all activities are aligned with organization’s vision and goals.
8. Research fundraising opportunities.
9. Create a sustainable and diverse fundraising portfolio, with funding streams including individuals, major gifts, corporates, community, events, trusts/foundations and other grant-makers, with appropriate priorities.
10.Prepare concept notes, project ideas and project proposals for potential donors.
11. Should be able to manage budgets and analyse revenue efficiency of the project.
12. Ensure reporting to funders is accurate, transparent and timely.
13. Monitor progress of fundraising drives.
14. Liaise with the other department heads (Communications. Operations-core & MI) to ensure the organisation’s cash flow and financial sustainability through careful budgeting, realistic fundraising targets and coordinating timely access to funds from supporters.
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - Post Graduate-Other
1. Very high proficiency level in verbal and written communication
2. Should possess basic knowledge in Income Tax / GST, Public Trust Act and other laws applicable to NGOs.
3. Highly motivated and able to work independently to agreed goals and targets and take ownership of the overall fundraising program of the organization.
4. Strong Interpersonal & Networking Skills
5. Good people management skills
6. Ability to build long-term relationships with potential donors.
7. Good Budget Management skills.
8. Able to work under pressure, meeting key project and reporting deadlines.
9. Working knowledge of utilizing the digital platforms for fundraising initiatives.