The Senior Strategic Communications and Marketing Manager will oversee and implement communications, brand development and other strategies that facilitate comprehension, adoption and advancement of the India program’s goals and objectives across the Indian landscape. She or He will implement the India Program’s Communications Strategy in coordination with a variety of team members and our global network.
She or He, in coordination with our Communications Officer, will also execute communications assets and outreach, including content development, website and social media, media outreach, event marketing, and other initiatives. She or He will facilitate on-going coordination and communication between all parts of the globally dispersed marketing division, internal and external stakeholders and identify communication, brand-building and media needs and opportunities in India.
She or He will work closely with the Managing Director (MD) as a communications partner/advisor to develop key messages and talking points and speeches as needed and foster relations with key stakeholders and media contacts. The Senior Manager will manage the dissemination of media information and provide consultation, media training, coaching and talking points to persons serving as spokesperson(s).
The position is based in New Delhi.
The Senior Strategic Communications and Marketing Manager oversees and is responsible for the implementation of our broader Communications Strategy, including marketing and branding. She or He facilitates and represents the organization to a variety of internal and external stakeholders. The Senior Manager will also supervise one staff member and oversee contracts with external vendors. She or He will also work with the Managing Director to implement strategies to strengthen communications channels and to develop and maintain staff engagement. She or He develops and fosters relations with key persons in selected media. She or He manages communication strategies and program implementation for high profile or key audiences like our Advisory Board, key partners, and other important stakeholders.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
1. Broad management responsibility and accountability for programs communications, marketing, and branding initiatives.
2. Oversee and implement the communications and brand strategy to promote TNC-India, continuing to engage and align internal stakeholders, and advancing within the Indian marketplace. Accountable for meeting strategic goals and objectives.
3. Identify high leverage points for engagement and developing influence maps and strategies as needed.
4. Design, advance and manage multiple complex communication and/or media initiatives, leveraging support of colleagues, short-term consultants and PR agencies as needed to ensure they are delivered on time, on budget, and meet objectives.
5. Execute media and social media strategy and other initiatives consistent with the overall brand strategy, including our website.
6. Develop recommendations for corrective strategies as needed. May manage or participate in complex or sensitive negotiations.
7. Management and oversight of communications staff and vendors.
8. Create communications assets for a variety of audiences, including donors. Edit program communications such as articles, reports, and case studies for publication, events, and broader outreach.
9. Propose, draft and/or edit articles to position TNC and senior leaders in national and international media.
10. Engage, as needed, in designing and/or overseeing communication strategies of individual high-impact projects within TNC-India portfolio.
11. Coordinate and advance India Advisory Board (IAB) book
Desired Candidate Profile
Graduation - Graduate-Other
1. Experience developing, executing and managing communications and promoting brand positioning for an organization, and measuring results.
2. Experience developing strategic messages, coordinating, editing and proofreading them, for targeted audiences. Experience coaching others to deliver strategic messages and presentations.
3. Excellent communications, and presentation skills; ability to persuasively convey the mission of TNC to diverse groups including donors, board members and the public.
4. Familiarity with communication technologies and best practices. Experience and/or understanding of communication best practices at a decentralized organization.
5. Experience working with senior management and preferably with experience in developing thought leadership initiatives.
6. Experience working in a large, dispersed organization working across different countries, cultures and time zones, a