The successful candidate will be expected to provide significant support to the Operations team in streamlining current practices and identifying innovative solutions to the administrative requirements of the India office (New Delhi). It is expected that this individual would be willing to manage routine processes to ensure the smooth functioning of the office with a high level of engagement and attention to detail.
1. Work closely with the Operations Manager to maintain and improve current budget and financial management processes to improve the accuracy of forecasting and minimize variance from planned targets.
2. Actively participate and collaborate with the finance and accounts, human resources and project teams in other network centers.
3. Coordinate with the team to remind and manage time sheet, concur, expense filing etc. Effectively use WRI systems to create contracts and email ID’s.
1. Develop and operationalize new systems and approaches to more efficiently manage the office’s finances
2. Support activities around payroll, vendor payments, maintenance of the book of accounts, compliance with statutory regulations and maintenance of personnel records.
3. Responsible for facilities management at Delhi office.
1. Research skills to identify the venues and book venues and negotiate fees. Providing clear, well-written periodic reports to stakeholders.
2. Management of all project elements within time limits and on budget. Oversee facilities and manage all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
3. People skills needed to staff events and coordinate their activities. Enthusiasm regarding collaborative work with other teams to promote and publicize events. Proactive approach to handling issues and troubleshooting any emerging problems on the event day.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package
Desired Candidate Profile
Graduation - B.Com
1. Strong computer skills including high level of comfort with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc), web-based communications (e.g., Skype, GoToMeeting, etc.), and Internet research.
2. Organized, detail-oriented and Comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural, global workplace
3. Working knowledge in SAP or Deltekor any online software based accounting system other than tally will be an added advantage.
4. Working knowledge of procurement and contracts.
5. Adaptable and flexible to shifting opportunities, priorities and needs. Should be able to deal with high levels of ambiguity and work with team members to find practical solutions.
6. Interest in sustainable transport, urban development, and environmental issues is a plus
7. Capability to learn and use software applications that are used by WRI.
8. Flexible individual who can work independe