ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Communication Specialist will work under the supervision of the “Public Health Emergency Management, Professional” and will:
• Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate traditional and message strategies that meet public health emergency management mission and goals.
• Provide risk communications expertise in the development and implementation of printed and online publications, websites, presentations, and collateral materials. (All communication materials will be reviewed by CDC before submission to key stakeholders).
• Partner with organizations and online partners to develop effective and cost-efficient opportunities for message planning, research, message development, and message delivery.
• Develop a capacity development work plan and training package including designing and developing resources such as RCCE materials related to the program.
• Support in organizing the workshops/meetings including the development and submission of a concept note, development of an agenda, finalizing training modules and packages, and arranging logistics for the training.
• Collect and compile the RCCE material to and develop a resource library.
• Coordinate with CDC India to align activities to their funding priorities.
• Conduct a workshop to train officials on the RCCE activities through a structured training curriculum.
• Prepare periodic reports and contribute to monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual reports of EGHS/India.
• Field visits as per need.
• Any other assignments related to the project (as needed) given by the collaborating institution and EGHS/India.
• Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Deliverables: The following outlines proposed deliverables for this position. This list is subject to change based on the needs of the project and should not be considered final.
• Resource Library.
• Drafting Record of Proceedings/Notes/Minutes of meeting as and when required.
• Development of RCCE Training Package.
• Development of RCCE/IEC materials as per need.
• Submit a report.
• Field visit report.
• Training workshop report.
• Undertake any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Compensation levels at FHI 360 are equivalent to market rates within the development sector. However, offers shall be based on salary history, relevant experience, and qualifications.
Please send your resumes to email@example.com. It is necessary to mention the post title and preferred place of posting in the subject line while applying.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No calls/ emails will be entertained.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Qualification – Masters’ degree in Mass Communications / Visual communication / Journalism / Public relations / or equivalent qualification.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• 10-15 years of experience in crisis and emergency risk communication and field experience in developing crisis communication messages during outbreaks and pandemics for different stakeholders, communities, healthcare professionals, policymakers, and media.
• Experience in developing content for posting on various digital media outlets, including ensuring consistency across communication channels and working within state requirements and guidelines. This may require partners or other stakeholders.
• Experience in working with/for the Ministry of Health-GoI and department of Health-State Govt., U. S. Centres of Disease Control and Prevention, County Office – India is preferred.
• Can ensure risk communication activities are based on accepted principles, methods, and best practices.
• Has the ability to complete assigned contract deliverables, including required reports, within established timeframes.
• Self-motivated and flexible to change
• Demonstrated ability to plan and organize work & time independently and proactively.
• Highly motivated individual.
• Ability to work in diverse settings with multiple stakeholders.
• Demonstrate Team spirit and a Positive Attitude. Excellent interpersonal skills, team-oriented work style, and experience in working in a multicultural environment.
• Strong analytical skills, good writing, and communication skills in English. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Hindi are essential.
• Excellent command over MS office (word, excel, power-point) and e-learning systems.