empowHER India is seeking to hire a candidate for the position of Cluster Co-ordinator for the Adolescent Girls Program on contractual basis.
Karjat block of Raigad District in the state of Maharashtra.
Reporting to: Cluster Head
No. of Position: 1
About empowHER India
empowHER India (registered as empowHER Foundation) is a non-profit organization based in Maharashtra that approaches social issues through a gender perspective and prioritizes women and girls as the major beneficiaries of all its activities. For the past 29 years, empowHER India has worked at a grassroots level to empower women and girls in order to create a more equitable society through various programs like Let’s build toilets, Clean Drinking water, Education and more recently, the Adolescent Girl’s Program. It is our mission to transform the lives of 1 million women and girls to realize their full potential by 2030 by empowering them to live a life of dignity and equality.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the day-to-day operations of AGP program in the cluster.
· Responsible to conduct community mobilization activity, Adolescent girls survey, Village profile, baseline/midline/endline assessment, Personal interview/FGD in each intervention village along with Identification of Intervention area/Villages, Schedule timetable and places for sessions at villages etc.
· Responsible for high attendance of girls in every session and ensure that all training sessions are held as per plan and program guidelines. Responsible to arrange workshops/trainings with parents, GP members and other stakeholders in the village with high participation.
· Responsible to conduct home visit, Parents meetings, Stakeholders meetings (Anganwadi, Panchayat members, Asha worker, school teachers, VHNC).
· Build strong relationships with all important stakeholders at the Village/Cluster level and communicate to them about the project expectations and goals.
· Responsible to create Adolescent group in the villages. Ensure their training and capacity building and active functioning with all the stakeholders.
· Undertake regular field visits for quality implementation and monitoring of programme.
· Develop weekly/monthly/Yearly action plan for cluster with the help of the Cluster Head. Work closely with the Cluster Head for regular update on the progress and share reflective feedback on program implementation issues.
· Collect all accurate relevant data from the field and share it with data management team. Regularly check meeting register and attendance register of trainers.
· Help the organization to develop materials including case studies, short clips, sessions etc. specific to the program to create visibility.
· Participates and perform in any other activities which may be required to be undertaken to fulfil the objectives of the organization.
Qualification, Experience and Skills Required:
· Must have Post graduate degree in Social Science/ Social work/ Rural Development/ Community development with at least 1 to 2 years of professional experience in coordination.
· Strong Community mobilisation and problem-solving skills.
· Must have strong collaborative, leadership, motivational, and coordination skills.
· Good verbal, reading and written communication skills in Marathi, Hindi and English languages. Marathi is must.
· Readiness to travel extensively, mostly to remote, rural locations.
· Should be able to work in a dynamic and challenging environment with a growing team.
· Desire to work in the social sector and passion to make a change in the society.
· Earlier experience in adolescent girls’ program is highly preferable.
· Well versed in computer applications of MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.