empowHER India is seeking to hire a female candidate for the 1-year fellowship program for the post of Trainer in Adolescent Girls Program (may be extended for another 1 year as per requirement)
Karjat block of Raigad District in the state of Maharashtra.
Reporting to: Cluster Head
No. of Positions: 5
About empowHER India
empowHER India (registered as empowHER Foundation) is a non-profit organization based in Maharashtra that approaches social issues through a gender perspective and prioritizes women and girls as the major beneficiaries of all its activities. For the past 29 years, empowHER India has worked at a grassroots level to empower women and girls in order to create a more equitable society through various programs like Let’s build toilets, Clean Drinking water, Education and more recently, the Adolescent Girl’s Program. It is our mission to transform the lives of 1 million women and girls to realize their full potential by 2030 by empowering them to live a life of dignity and equality.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Responsible to conduct training session with Adolescent girls in the villages. Ensure that all training sessions are held as per plan and program guidelines.
• To ensure high attendance of girls in every session.
• Responsible to conduct training/workshops with parents/GP members and other stakeholders with high attendance in the intervention villages.
• Create Adolescent groups in the villages. Ensure their training and capacity building and active functioning with all the stakeholders.
• Conduct community mobilization activity, Adolescent girls survey, Village profile, baseline/midline/endline assessment, Personal Interview/FGD in each intervention villages etc.
• Build strong relationships with adolescent girls as well as all important stakeholders at the Village level and communicate them about the project expectations and goals.
• Responsible to conduct home visit, Parents meetings, Stakeholders meetings (Anganwadi, Panchayat members, Asha worker, school teachers, VHNC) as and when required.
• Work closely with the Cluster coordinator/ Trainer Monitor.
• Collect all accurate relevant data from the field and share it with data management team. Regularly maintain reflection journal, meeting book, attendance register and ensure all girls fill up girl’s handbook on time.
• Help the organization to develop materials including case studies, short clips, sessions etc. for documentation.
• Participates and perform in any other activities which may be required to be undertaken to fulfil the objectives of the organization.
Qualification, Experience and Skills Required:
• Graduate/Post graduate degree in Social work/ Rural Development/ Community development with 1 year of experience in community mobilisation/trainings. Freshers are also encouraged to apply.
• Must be a female candidate.
• Familiar to conduct training sessions.
• Marathi language (read, write and talk) is must.
• Readiness to travel extensively, mostly to remote, rural locations. Ready to relocate in field area.
• Must have own two-wheeler vehicle for field visit.
• Should be able to work in a dynamic and challenging environment.
• Desire to work in the social sector and passion to make a change in the society.
• Earlier experience in adolescent girls’ program is highly preferable.
• Basic knowledge of computer applications of MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.