empowHER India is seeking to hire a candidate for the position of Training & Capacity Building Master Trainer- Health, nutrition, gender and safety.
Karjat block and other blocks of Raigad District in the state of Maharashtra.
No. of Position: 1
About empowHER India
empowHER India (registered as empowHER Foundation) is a non-profit organization based in Maharashtra that approaches social issues through a gender perspective and prioritizes women and girls as the major beneficiaries of all its activities. For the past 29 years, empowHER India has worked at a grassroots level to empower women and girls in order to create a more equitable society through various programs like Let’s build toilets, Clean Drinking water, Education and more recently, the Adolescent Girl’s Program. It is our mission to transform the lives of 1 million women and girls to realize their full potential by 2030 by empowering them to live a life of dignity and equality.
Objectives of the role:
• To train the trainers
• To invest in the capacity building of all program teams to increase productivity and operational efficiency.
• To develop Health, nutrition, gender and safety related content as and when needed.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
• Travel extensively to observe sessions of trainers.
• Build strong content for training – presentations, flipcharts, training videos, webinar materials etc with easy and understandable content and language.
• Conduct training of trainers (TOT) of trainers, teachers, staff and different stakeholders.
• Understand the importance of health, nutrition, gender and safety in daily life situations.
• Build and maintain training teams across the implementation villages.
• Deliver curriculum content on the specific subject.
• Identify different simple and easy to use ice break and energizer activities for the sessions.
• Provide feedback to village trainers regarding innovative session delivery.
• Create monthly reports that include a basic training evaluation, an analysis of the feedback tools, and a record of all trainings completed and the impact created.
• Verify that all training and capacity-building activities are carried out in accordance with the plan and program criteria.
• Regular field visits are conducted to guarantee the quality of programme execution and monitoring.
• Assist the Program Head for creating a training calendar and provide reflective feedback on program implementation and design issues.
• Work closely with field operations teams and conduct community mobilisation if needed.
• Participate in any other activities which may be required to be undertaken to fulfil the objectives of the organization.
Qualification, Experience and Skills Required:
• Post graduate degree in Education/Social Science/Social work with at least 4 to 6 years of professional experience as a Master trainer.
• Strong facilitation and teaching skills.
• Strong knowledge about health, nutrition and gender safety which includes nutrition, changes during adolescence, sexual and reproductive health, gender roles and stereotypes, gender equity, safe and unsafe touch, violence and abuse, safety of girls, etc.
• A strong desire to learn and implement a highly directive coaching methodology; trainable and coachable.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, analytical and critical-thinking skills.
• Must have strong collaborative, leadership, motivational, and team-building skills.
• Has worked with the adolescent girls and boys and has a basic understanding of child related law and issues.
• Excellent communication skills in Marathi and Hindi are must.
• Desire to work in the social sector and passion to make a change in the society.
• Earlier experience in training of adolescent girls and boys is highly preferable.
• Effective presentation and documentation skills.
• Well versed in computer applications of Microsoft Office Suite, etc.