empowHER India is seeking to hire a candidate for the position of Trainer Monitor- Adolescent Girls Program on contractual basis.
Karjat block of Raigad District in the state of Maharashtra.
Reporting to: Cluster Head
No. of Position: 1
About empowHER India
empowHER India (registered as empowHER Foundation) is a non-profit organization based in Maharashtra that approaches social issues through a gender perspective and prioritizes women and girls as the major beneficiaries of all its activities. For the past 29 years, empowHER India has worked at a grassroots level to empower women and girls in order to create a more equitable society through various programs like Let’s build toilets, Clean Drinking water, Education and more recently, the Adolescent Girl’s Program. It is our mission to transform the lives of 1 million women and girls to realize their full potential by 2030 by empowering them to live a life of dignity and equality.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
• Responsible to conduct training and capacity building activity with trainers of the organisation as and when required. Identify different ice break, energizer activities to train the trainers for the sessions with girls.
• Responsible to monitor training session of trainers with Adolescent girls in the villages. Ensure that all training sessions are held as per manual and program guidelines.
• Responsible to monitor workshops/trainings of trainers with parents, GP members and other stakeholders in the intervention villages.
• Work closely with trainers. Give feedback to trainers and ensure competencies of trainers increased with the innovative ideas. Regularly check Reflection journal of trainers and ensure all girls fill up girl’s handbook on time.
• If require conduct home visit, Parents meetings, Stakeholders meetings (Anganwadi, Panchayat members, Asha worker, school teachers, VHNC) with trainers.
• Participate in community mobilization activity, Adolescent girls survey, Village profile, baseline/midline/endline assessment, Personal Interview/FGD in each intervention villages etc.
• Develop weekly/monthly/Yearly training plan for the villages with the help of the Cluster Head. Work closely with the Cluster Head for regular update on the progress and share reflective feedback on session delivery of trainers during the sessions.
• Participate to create Adolescent group in the village. Ensure their training and capacity building and active functioning with all the stakeholders.
• Collect and maintained training and capacity building related data and reports from field. Help the organization to develop materials including case studies, short clips, sessions etc. specific to the program to create visibility.
• Participates and perform in any other activities which may be required to be undertaken to fulfil the objectives of the organization.
Qualification, Experience and Skills Required:
• Must have Post graduate degree in Social Science/ Social work/ Rural Development/ Community development with at least 1 to 2 years of professional experience as a trainer.
• Familiar to conduct training sessions, Community mobilisation, problem-solving skills.
• Good knowledge on facilitation and training skills.
• Good verbal, reading and written communication skills in Marathi, Hindi and English languages. Marathi is must.
• Readiness to travel extensively, mostly to remote, rural locations.
• Should be able to work in a dynamic and challenging environment with a growing team.
• Desire to work in the social sector and passion to make a change in the society.
• Earlier experience in adolescent girls’ program is highly preferable.
• Well versed in computer applications of MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.