I. Communications Strategy
1. Write content for empowHER India through press releases, features and blogs highlighting empowHER India’s interventions.
2. Overall responsibility to convey key organizational messages, updates and milestones to relevant stakeholders through newsletters, reports, presentations.
3. Organize events, and arrange interviews to increase the public’s awareness of the works of empowHER India.
4. Monitor, analyze, and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis.
5. Prepare an annual Communications Calendar and strategy.
6. Work on organization’s collaterals and develop branded materials as needed e.g.: brochures, quarterly reports, the annual report, PowerPoint Templates and other supporting materials.
7. Network and develop relations with media to help showcase our work on different platforms.
8. Supervise brand consistency in all advertising efforts.
9. Maximize empowHER India’s brand presence on various channels by regularly publishing articles in different newspapers, social magazines, social media, etc.
II. Social media and website
1. Monitor empowHER India’s social media accounts to increase overall reach.
2. Curate and run social media campaigns and ad campaigns from time to time.
3. Maintain, and regularly oversee that new content for empowHER India’s website and social media platforms.
4. Maintain the organization’s video and photo library for future use.
5. Design creatives and other design requirements.
1. Conceptualize and organize various events and conferences.
2. Work closely with the event management company and the vendors for the smooth functioning of the program.
3. Communicate clear decisions, next steps, and accountability throughout execution of the program.
4. Responds to requests for information from the media, the public, the press, and related organizations.
• Post-graduate degree in mass communications/Journalism/PR
• Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in managing communications strategies.
• Strong content writer with blogging or other relevant experience.
• Experience coordinating successful PR campaigns.
• Creativity and an ability to produce innovative and original ideas and think strategically and come up with campaigns.
• Familiar with creating progress reports for social media and digital platforms.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Effective communication skills and excellent knowledge of English. Basic proficiency in Marathi and Hindi would be an added advantage.
• Has basic knowledge to implement the SEO, SEM strategy.
• Understands the working of different digital design software.
• Willing to spend 25% of their time at empowHER India’s project sites in rural Maharashtra.
• Must be Mumbai based.
• Should be able to work in a dynamic and challenging environment.
Please email your CV and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line
“Manager, Marketing and Communications - *Your Full name*”.
Only shortlisted candidates who fulfil the above criteria shall be contacted.
The salary is INR 50,000/- per month (Rs. 6.0 lakhs per annum) which shall be decided based upon experience and skill set.
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra